WPI is seeking a qualified structural engineer to join our small but growing team. The engineer will be responsible for projects that include exterior metal stud curtain walls, interior walls and ceilings, and other miscellaneous building components. Experience or familiarity with cold formed steel design is a must.
This job will present a unique opportunity for the engineer to see the construction side of the industry. We work directly with the people who take your design and build it.
Preferable work experience is at least 3 years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Calculations that prove a safe design in accordance with the appropriate building codes
- Drawing plans and details that shows design intent
- Reviewing plans from other trades and coordinating with WPI’s scope of work
- A close working relationship with estimators, project managers, foreman, and other employees of WPI’s construction team
- Effective communication with other members of the project team including architects, engineers, and general contractors
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with CFS, steel, and wood design
- Familiarity with ASCE, IBC, and AISI codes
- Good communication and relationship builder skills, both internally and with outside partners
- Hard working, positive attitude
- High degree of proficiency with technology, engineering software, Excel, Bluebeam, etc.
- Our BIM team will provide drawing support, however good experience with Revit is a bonus
- Prior experience with prefabrication and modular construction
We have two offices local to Portland, Oregon: One in Vancouver, Washington and the other in Wilsonville, Oregon. We have regional offices in central Oregon, Seattle, Eugene, Reno, New Mexico, and Utah. You will be free to decide your home office location. Work from home accommodations is also negotiable.
WPI is a family-owned company that values a positive work-life balance.