The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the setup, management, and closeout of projects. The Project Engineer supports the Project Manager and project team to maximize safety, quality, and profits for WPI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring a smooth transition from Estimator to Project Team.
- Assist the Project Manager in facilitating the planning and delivery of the project from setup to close out.
- Review contract language, scope of work, and special provisions in the contract.
- Help the Project Manager obtain material, subcontractor, and engineering quotes.
- Participate in the verification of quantities, units, and hours in the reverse takeoff process.
- Assist in setting up the project in the Vista project management software.
- Participate in the budget creation process.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of product information, samples, and shop drawings.
- Assist in the review and preparation of the project and manpower schedules.
- Support and visit assigned job sites and participate in job meetings as required.
- Assist the Project Manager with pricing change requests and updating the budget promptly.
- Prepare, review, and report weekly productions.
- Review the weekly job cost report with the project Foreman and team.
- Participate in preparing billings and approval of invoices for payment.
- Participate in preparing a monthly cost projection for the job and review critical areas with the project team.
- Assist with document control. Document and save all job-related information in the job folder. Ensure that everyone on the project team is kept up-to-date concerning correspondence.
- Become fluent with the OST/QB program.
- Be creative in the development of new systems, forms, and ideas for increased efficiencies.
- Be proactive in supporting safety plans and practices.
Local to Salt Lake City preferred.
This job description does not include the marginal functions of this position and does not imply these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their Manager.
Compensation is dependent on experience and qualifications.
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.