The Estimator/Project Manager is responsible for estimating, quoting, and managing the construction of projects to maximize the safety, quality, and profits for the company. The ideal candidate works well with a team, has excellent time management, and knowledge of current costs associated with commercial construction. The Estimator/Project Manager will work out of WPI’s office in Sumner, Washington and will work on projects across western Washington.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Estimate the cost of projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Manage projects from estimating to completion including post completion service as required
- Research the cost of items such as materials, transport, labor, and equipment
- Visit sites and other venues necessary for estimation and project management
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors and vendors
- Get quotes from suppliers and contractors within a specified timeframe
- Assess the risk levels associated with a project
- Prepare and submit quotations and details of costs for work to be done
- Review schedules to establish and meet key milestone dates for materials and installation
- Assist with bids for new contracts
- Regularly review project finances to ensure all scope remains within established budget
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in Drywall/Stud Steel Framing required.
- At least 3 years of estimating and/or project management experience preferred.
- Experience with OST/Quick Bid preferred.
- Project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Local to Sumner area preferred.
Compensation is dependent on qualifications and experience.
WPI is an equal opportunity employer.