As Construction Systems Manager, you utilize strong software acumen and project management skills to guide the selection and application of construction management systems at WPI. You play a key role within our Operations Team ensuring that the proper applications and processes are employed for success. You identify areas of business need, determine stakeholder requirements, identify potential solutions, make recommendations based on your research, and lead implementation. You innovate by finding areas where efficiency can be improved and drive changes that move the organization forward. You leverage your construction industry knowledge, AEC software experience, good judgment, and problem-solving skills to execute WPI operations. Your ability to make smart decisions under pressure and ability to resolve complex challenges make you a key member of the Operations Group. You pay attention to detail and are disciplined at documenting process and procedures. You are focused on operational excellence, continual process improvement, and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor operations systems and identify areas where technology or process changes can improve workflow.
- Act as lead project manager on AEC software implementations and migrations.
- Capture departmental software requirements and evaluate available software solutions.
- Make recommendations regarding process or software changes to project stakeholders.
- Manage construction management software vendor relations, pricing, and contracts.
- Act as liaison between Operations and Information Technology when necessary.
- Keep abreast of AEC industry best practices in the areas of construction management software solutions and operations optimization.
- Evaluate training options for new solutions and process changes, create training deliverables if necessary, and create training schedules.
- Document operations processes and solutions to standardize across departments and regions at WPI.
- Develop dashboards and reporting tools for departments and varying business roles.
- High degree of knowledge with AEC industry ERP, estimating, and construction management systems such as: Viewpoint, Sage, Oracle, Procore, CMIC, Plangrid, On Center Software, Autodesk Build, Bluebeam, etc.
- Must be able to diplomatically gather consensus and outline the reasons for change to a variety of audiences.
- Exceptional written and interpersonal skills are essential along with the ability to interact with all levels of the corporation.
- Proven ability to prioritize a constantly shifting workload and collaborate with multiple departments.
- Ability to create a project schedule and lead a project to successful completion.
- Track record of breaking down complex problems and crafting creative solutions.
- Strong technical fundamentals and understanding of the software development/deployment cycle.
- Must be able to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
- Infrequent travel may be required to meet with other corporate locations and jobsites.
- Reports to Chief Operating Officer
Minimum Job Experience
- BA/BS in Construction Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, Software Development, or similar.
- Depending on candidate, equivalent industry experience may substitute for college degree.
- Previous experience working for an AEC software firm or in a systems analyst / management capacity for a construction firm.
Compensation is dependent on experience and qualifications.
WPI is an equal opportunity employer